What the hell, we did the whole
circuit, right round the city, In mad rush
December, I can't remember last night so much,
but with cold air, when we came out of there, the Vodka Bar,
and the lights revolved...and under the old Bridge, you said,
for a **** cause i had to go...
But ye know we made it to the Nativity this Morning,
and you had a Scotch Egg later, and we bought Christmas
decorations, and lights, and we got some cheap microwave
curry, cause we were still in a sort of hurry, but got
on with it anyway, then went to boots, to print a photo, bought
a blue pea coat for James, and then home...
put on the heating, you got the duvet, curled up in front
of a Cocteau film, but you drifted off, because I stole all
the blankets the night before, so I got ice cream out, and
kind of left the planet myself, and drited from the picture...
all the way, and said eventually 'lets just go to bed -
and we did, but you got up - to go back and put up your Christmas
tree, and left me this lovely sweet note...
Have a good night,
See you Saturday!
Love from Helen
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey You by GRANT FRASER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...