Hesitation Sweats Vile Living Lie
Poetic inspiration can't run dry,
Odd expectations entertains, cannot
Exist in half-light, cuts stalemate gordian knot,
Tears, severs consciousness from inner eye.
Ideal compromised can't satisfy
Critical standards, en bloc rejects as blot
Half-measures, priority lot forgot.
Equivocation pale's failed fear supply.
Sham, hesitation sweats vile living lie,
Inane gambit to ease dread's daily rot,
Time-trap snapped shut once bonding bolt is shot.
ATtempt who will, few still find wings to fly.
Idyll is met when differences dissolve,
ONly love Earth’s mysteries may solve.
(29 March 2013)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hesitation Sweats Vile Living Lie by Jonathan ROBIN )
- My Earth, Phil Soar
- Substituting for Another Teacher, Pierre Lien
- Describe, Aparna Chatterjee
- Unfringe A Singaporean Poem (Nonconform.., Merton Lee
- Quizz with broad hints for blind poets, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Hijab, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Wet Casements, John Ashbery
- The Work, Allen Grossman
- Eideolon, Book 3, Section 7, H. D.
- The winter of forever, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)