What’s a hero?
Does anyone know?
Do they wear masks so their faces won’t show?
Do they watch the world with an all-seeing eye
Cape ruffling in the wind as they fly in the sky?
Do all heroes have special superpowers?
Fighting crime in a costume hour by hour?
Some Heroes save lives every once in a while,
But to me, a hero is someone who can just give a smile.
Heroes are people who can brighten one’s day
Even a hug or “How are you? ” helps pain go away.
A hero is selfless, a dying breed,
For once thinking of others' needs.
Heroes can be people who cure disease and treat burns,
Or just a person who helped a child learn.
A hero can be someone who gives their blood,
Or just a man brave enough to save a woman from thugs.
Heroes do what they do with an unknown repetition
Not for praise, glory or recognition
They don’t do what they do to receive a spotlight
But because they know in their hearts it is right.
Heroes are people who, everyday,
help someone else in some special way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by Kelly Curiel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey