C. Albert Andrews
In fields of white crosses our heroes lay
In tombs marked with boldness
The courage they displayed
So let's remember in every way
Our country honors our heroes today.
In fields of flowers ours heroes lay
Knowing what they gave can't be repaid
Their lives cut short and taken away
Let's not forget the price they've paid
So let's honor these heroes everyday
In fields of green grasses our heroes lay
Believing the struggles will continue today
Not only at home I am sorry to say
But across the globe together each day
Our veterans and heroes be respected each day.
In fields of great losses our heroes lay
Though quietly sleeping, their voices still say:
'We will not regret the parts we have played
It must be remembered in every way'
These heroes deserved our thanks today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heroes by C. Albert Andrews )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena