Heroes born and heroes bled
Heroes that live and fill our head
We need heroes so we can be lead
Is there a real true hero?
Are they our coloured football stars
Or speedsters who drive those F1 cars
Adventurers discovering lands afar
Is there a true Hero?
Surely they are our missionaries faceless
Community workers who remain nameless
Mums and Dads who give themselves selfless
Surely they are true heroes.
But there's a Man who bled and died
Allowed Himself to be despised
Conquering death for victory's side
Do you know this true hero?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris