A hero is my brother,
Who is over in Iraq.
The only gift I want for Christmas,
Is for my brother to come back.
Only a few people,
Know the pain I feel when he's away.
Although I am so proud,
Of him each and everyday.
He is my hero and my friend,
He is one who helped me grow.
He loved me uncondionialy,
And I just wanted to let him know.
Brysha Mull's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by Brysha Mull )
- T he sea brings back nothing, Daisy Pereira
- What would have been!, Pijush Biswas
- An Echo, Phil Soar
- Trend setter, hasmukh amathalal
- My Earth, Phil Soar
- Substituting for Another Teacher, Pierre Lien
- Describe, Aparna Chatterjee
- Unfringe A Singaporean Poem (Nonconform.., Merton Lee
- Quizz with broad hints for blind poets, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Hijab, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)