When we were children
we all knew what we wanted to be.
We wanted to follow
in the footstep of our favourite hero.
Our heroes came from noble stock
and stood above the rest.
We wanted to grow up like them
walking tall through the world.
At a certain age reality kicks in
and we become who we are.
It is a lot different than
those heroes we used to adore.
We learn that heroes
are not such a special breed.
We pass hundreds of them everyday
and we fail to recognise them.
They have no super powers
or logos on their chest.
They dress like you and me
in tee-shirt and jeans
and when the chips are down.
A stranger will save the day
and then when everything has died down
the stranger will be on their way.
21 September 2010
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes 2 by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer
- Kujtome nje çast, skender iljaz braka
- Walls Between You And Your Dream, kayanja isaac
- Ku po shkojm! ? ..., skender iljaz braka
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady