Heroes and heroines you may say are like batman,
But to me they don’t have to be famous or proud,
Not necessarily fire-fighters, or police officers,
They can be me and you.
For we battle with monsters,
Every single day of our life,
As there is a hero in all of us,
But the monster we fight,
Is the villain in us.
Our life is based upon,
Which side is stronger and more prominent,
And some people’s villain is dominant,
But I’m sure they sub consciously tried.
And that’s why my hero is me,
Because I try to be the best I can be
And maybe sometimes I stray off course
Because the villain in me is, for a time, a stronger force,
But not for long because I know the hero in me, will win overall.
To some people a fire fighter is their hero,
And there is nothing wrong with that,
But I respect the people, who struggle every day,
Trying to help their hero win
But sometimes it doesn’t always work.
My hero is me
Because I do fall from grace,
And I might get knocked down,
But be sure....
I’ll always get back up again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by louis clarke )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo