Heroes and heroines you may say are like batman,
But to me they don’t have to be famous or proud,
Not necessarily fire-fighters, or police officers,
They can be me and you.
For we battle with monsters,
Every single day of our life,
As there is a hero in all of us,
But the monster we fight,
Is the villain in us.
Our life is based upon,
Which side is stronger and more prominent,
And some people’s villain is dominant,
But I’m sure they sub consciously tried.
And that’s why my hero is me,
Because I try to be the best I can be
And maybe sometimes I stray off course
Because the villain in me is, for a time, a stronger force,
But not for long because I know the hero in me, will win overall.
To some people a fire fighter is their hero,
And there is nothing wrong with that,
But I respect the people, who struggle every day,
Trying to help their hero win
But sometimes it doesn’t always work.
My hero is me
Because I do fall from grace,
And I might get knocked down,
But be sure....
I’ll always get back up again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by louis clarke )
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)