Heroes and heroines you may say are like batman,
But to me they don’t have to be famous or proud,
Not necessarily fire-fighters, or police officers,
They can be me and you.
For we battle with monsters,
Every single day of our life,
As there is a hero in all of us,
But the monster we fight,
Is the villain in us.
Our life is based upon,
Which side is stronger and more prominent,
And some people’s villain is dominant,
But I’m sure they sub consciously tried.
And that’s why my hero is me,
Because I try to be the best I can be
And maybe sometimes I stray off course
Because the villain in me is, for a time, a stronger force,
But not for long because I know the hero in me, will win overall.
To some people a fire fighter is their hero,
And there is nothing wrong with that,
But I respect the people, who struggle every day,
Trying to help their hero win
But sometimes it doesn’t always work.
My hero is me
Because I do fall from grace,
And I might get knocked down,
But be sure....
I’ll always get back up again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by louis clarke )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Your Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- Enemies., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Room of Lust, Dorsey Baker