Heroes and heroines you may say are like batman,
But to me they don’t have to be famous or proud,
Not necessarily fire-fighters, or police officers,
They can be me and you.
For we battle with monsters,
Every single day of our life,
As there is a hero in all of us,
But the monster we fight,
Is the villain in us.
Our life is based upon,
Which side is stronger and more prominent,
And some people’s villain is dominant,
But I’m sure they sub consciously tried.
And that’s why my hero is me,
Because I try to be the best I can be
And maybe sometimes I stray off course
Because the villain in me is, for a time, a stronger force,
But not for long because I know the hero in me, will win overall.
To some people a fire fighter is their hero,
And there is nothing wrong with that,
But I respect the people, who struggle every day,
Trying to help their hero win
But sometimes it doesn’t always work.
My hero is me
Because I do fall from grace,
And I might get knocked down,
But be sure....
I’ll always get back up again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heroes by louis clarke )
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico