A hero is always at odds
with the existing norms
he meets resistance at every step,
at the altars of norms.
A hero is for change
for he understands
the weakness of the present,
he brings a new wave
at the expense of his own life
for a tomorrow better than today.
A hero is in you and me,
only if we listen to
our inner voice,
if we do not give into
the temptations of little comforts,
we meet every moment, at every step.
A hero is immortal,
he lives through the ages
because he stands for a cause
while others live in a world of comforts
without raging against a million injustices
and disappear in thin air
without giving a fight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero by Abhay Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara