The world could really use a hero right about now.
Policeman, Fireman, anyone.
It doesn't matter if they are super or not.
People just need hope
People just need faith
People just need something to believe in
People need something that will ask themselves,
'What the hell have I been doing the past few years? '
'What can I get my life back on track? '
People need answers to those questions
But its not like a hero will fall from the stars so far above us,
So we must be heroes to ourselves and to others.
We must choose who and what we are.
And we must choose wisely.
Life can change in a second.
We must be role-models
We must be looked up to in a positive way
We must be heroes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero by Sam Popeil )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Mind Games, Perveiz Ali
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal