The world could really use a hero right about now.
Policeman, Fireman, anyone.
It doesn't matter if they are super or not.
People just need hope
People just need faith
People just need something to believe in
People need something that will ask themselves,
'What the hell have I been doing the past few years? '
'What can I get my life back on track? '
People need answers to those questions
But its not like a hero will fall from the stars so far above us,
So we must be heroes to ourselves and to others.
We must choose who and what we are.
And we must choose wisely.
Life can change in a second.
We must be role-models
We must be looked up to in a positive way
We must be heroes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero by Sam Popeil )
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)