HERE LIES THE QUEEN
The frozen voice hangs on the
door. A crowd waits.
will start soon
to herald a benevolent sky-
In rise and fall of an empire
I won't put any label
to generation drift. The
changing geography will
take care of the ashes.
A ragpicker will tell the story.
had become economical, blanching
the stained dreams only
like our land's wounds.
The sea of hate lies naked before us
to sweep the carcasses. I know not
how to become omnivorous.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HERE LIES THE QUEEN by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese