Hercules At The Crossroads ll
Augeries vivid as memories
what? the conscience asks;
though all a chore, met
the same, all. Responsibilities.
Drops in the wine dropped:
truths without hue,
that take the color of their medium
and guzzled, banish fear and tedium.
And one deserted highway
slung upon another
traffic-less. The path King Oedipus
blindly will tread, seven ages hence:
Bird-swept, shade-swept, treeless
and where they crossed, two ladies:
one auburn-haired, beckoning and smiling,
shimmered, her silks blown back by the breeze
Holding a wine cup, while
in the dust, a second,
dimly-cowled, sat on the ground
compass in hand, her eye
cast on the pages of a book spread in her lap
thick with maps and burrined lore.
The wind turned the pages.
On she read and read.
My sorry destiny to choose.
So I did...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hercules At The Crossroads ll by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka