Her Beauty In Winter
I saw her on a cold winter night
Her beauty made my heart take to flight
The loveliest woman my eyes had ever seen
She was my beauty – she was my queen.
Her eyes shone like the reflection off of the water
Blinding, hypnotic, putting me in a trance
All of this at first glance.
Her hair flowing in the wind
Like the beauty of an eagles wings in flight
Covering the sun from my sight.
She is a rose blooming in the winter snow
How that was possible – I’ll never know.
She is the rainbow high in the sky
Extending her beauty from one end to another
Like the love of a mother.
She is like the ocean – deep, dark, mysterious
Treacherous and yet calm and can take you
Deep into the depths of her soul, where she will keep
You and take hold.
Her beauty on that cold wintery night
Drained me from all my will and my might.
Beckoning me to join her in the snow
Freezing my heart with nowhere to go.
Her hands calling me to come to her side
And telling me: ” my love is as pure as the white of this snow
Can’t you see it, please don’t go “.
I walk into the snow with my arms outstretched to her
Feeling her love pulling me in like the ocean pulling the sand
Taking me deep into a wonderland.
FINDING TRUE LOVE AT LAST!
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Beauty In Winter by louis rams )
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Night Inside, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)