Being a hero means little to me,
For I have see men labeled as a coward die as a heroes
And men called heroes run like cowards.
A name means nothing when it is all outside
And being called a hero is only a name.
For I have seen countless men live and die,
As only a hero could.
And yet they received nothing more,
Than a little golden star.
Countless heroes have lived and died,
But only a few ever truly earned such a title.
A true hero never worries about titles,
They do what is needed no matter the price.
A true hero is willing to make,
That ultimate sacrifice.
They will lay down their lives,
For their brothers-in-arms,
And give what they can for all those they love.
That is why I willingly gave,
My right leg for the man standing beside me.
I gave what I could so that he would live,
Hoping that he would do the same for another.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heores by Chad LaRowe )
- To Kiss What You Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beauty of words....., Anupa Subramanian
- The Strangers, Peter Jay Shippy
- Alive, Alesia Leach
- Pack, Aparna Chatterjee
- Love That Lasts, Michael McParland
- My Eyes Will Always See, Edward Kofi Louis
- Enchantment, Peter Jay Shippy
- You've Opened Wide Your Mouths!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think City, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)