'Ain't ya a feet too short? '
Quoth a bloke in town.
I pray the idea of size to abort
From the doings of men.
What hath the height got
That no theory can compete?
Oft many a men of little size
Hath done quite a thing
But the world pays heed to
Jejune talks of stupidity.
Divorce from such thought
My men! I prithee, kindly do so.
For if The Bard was a feet long
Or a feet short,
What distinction could it stand.
Or even Thumbelina looked as
Beautiful with tiny everything.
What hath it got to do
With greatness or with loss?
Blasphemously so, it is a ghastly
Thought to think that a yard can
Cost so extravagant!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Height by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)