'Ain't ya a feet too short? '
Quoth a bloke in town.
I pray the idea of size to abort
From the doings of men.
What hath the height got
That no theory can compete?
Oft many a men of little size
Hath done quite a thing
But the world pays heed to
Jejune talks of stupidity.
Divorce from such thought
My men! I prithee, kindly do so.
For if The Bard was a feet long
Or a feet short,
What distinction could it stand.
Or even Thumbelina looked as
Beautiful with tiny everything.
What hath it got to do
With greatness or with loss?
Blasphemously so, it is a ghastly
Thought to think that a yard can
Cost so extravagant!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Height by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- The stars, her eyes and Love, Ayotunde Bolaji
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)