'Ain't ya a feet too short? '
Quoth a bloke in town.
I pray the idea of size to abort
From the doings of men.
What hath the height got
That no theory can compete?
Oft many a men of little size
Hath done quite a thing
But the world pays heed to
Jejune talks of stupidity.
Divorce from such thought
My men! I prithee, kindly do so.
For if The Bard was a feet long
Or a feet short,
What distinction could it stand.
Or even Thumbelina looked as
Beautiful with tiny everything.
What hath it got to do
With greatness or with loss?
Blasphemously so, it is a ghastly
Thought to think that a yard can
Cost so extravagant!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Height by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies