Heavy Price To Pay
Temptation beckons us with open arms
no matter where we are.
Ours is to resist those arms
and the allure they might bring.
To heed to our desires
may hold a heavy price to pay.
Best we ignore temptation
and move well out of its way.
5 July 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heavy Price To Pay by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Be thankfull, obed obser
- My Generation, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Midnight Trolley Bus, Bulat Okudzhava
- Now Falling, Bulat Okudzhava
- Oh, You, Fancies, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Exploring Inner Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Little Song About The Foot, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song About Night Moscow, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Tin Soldier Of My Son, Bulat Okudzhava