Heaven and Pre-Heaven
Standardized to the mutable penultimate,
The step just below the heaven unknown hitherto,
And unshackled from all steps trodden ere,
The ultimate I can now behold;
The ultimate I can now hope to reach up to.
Still chained to steps trodden and past,
Crime and pain of hell you inherit.
For, standardized to a fanciful ritual,
Transient and yet relevantly meaningful,
I stand in the penumbra of utopia,
Very close to threshold to heaven.
Even heaven could be the metaphor for pre-heaven
If heaven deigns to be really palpable.
Bhanu Padmo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven and Pre-Heaven by Bhanu Padmo )
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi