Heaven And Earth
God created heaven and earth
We were the fashion renew,
God was the creator from birth,
And the sky was also new.
We only knew heaven was higher
Stretched far into unending distance,
Beginning our life and character,
The discovery brought new science.
Created in the celestial realm,
The strong and the weak with strength,
The embryo of transplant intent began,
To oblige the soul in unknown might.
Beautiful colors in nature entrenched,
Hopes springs Gods eternal grace,
Begin the mortal race on a bizarre road,
With new creation of continuous race.
Cold calculated chaos began misgiving,
In the beginning opulence was lost,
Temptation found refuge sauntering,
To the existence of penitent cost.
Mankind suffer rejection and abuse,
Pride took a ride in ungainly pursuit,
To reconstruct the skills we once refuse,
But could not make earth a safer retreat.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heaven And Earth by Gerry Legister )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal