It was the last of summer
when joyous you came to me;
As evenings cooled
and russet autumn hues began to show..
the skies were blue and perfect as the days were long,
and in my soul I knew this was our heartsong.
Hungrily we sought our love,
feasting on our need;
We laughed, we ate, we drank, we danced..
for long lost years to bridge.
And now in winter's frosty chill
your absence is a shard
piercing summer's afterglow
around this lonesome heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heartsong by Jinge Norvall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal