It was the last of summer
when joyous you came to me;
As evenings cooled
and russet autumn hues began to show..
the skies were blue and perfect as the days were long,
and in my soul I knew this was our heartsong.
Hungrily we sought our love,
feasting on our need;
We laughed, we ate, we drank, we danced..
for long lost years to bridge.
And now in winter's frosty chill
your absence is a shard
piercing summer's afterglow
around this lonesome heart.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heartsong by Jinge Norvall )
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
- Lonely mirror ball., Simon Gowen
- NYBADET NAKEN, Gunnar Mo.
- Haiku 'Pebbles', miken newman
- Here Then Now There, Guillermo Veloso
- Life, Proud SugarBoe
- When You Had Left, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A riddle poem, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)