It was the last of summer
when joyous you came to me;
As evenings cooled
and russet autumn hues began to show..
the skies were blue and perfect as the days were long,
and in my soul I knew this was our heartsong.
Hungrily we sought our love,
feasting on our need;
We laughed, we ate, we drank, we danced..
for long lost years to bridge.
And now in winter's frosty chill
your absence is a shard
piercing summer's afterglow
around this lonesome heart.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heartsong by Jinge Norvall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler