Heart, or Father?
Feel with the heart that is my own
or think with the mind of my Father?
My heart says stay,
my Father says go.
My heart says high,
my Father says low.
My Father says play,
my heart screams laze.
My Father screams sleep,
my heart stays awake and ablaze.
Oh, what is a girl to do?
Feel with her own heart,
or think with the mind in her head,
but controlled by her Father?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart, or Father? by Kami Haha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson