Heart, or Father?
Feel with the heart that is my own
or think with the mind of my Father?
My heart says stay,
my Father says go.
My heart says high,
my Father says low.
My Father says play,
my heart screams laze.
My Father screams sleep,
my heart stays awake and ablaze.
Oh, what is a girl to do?
Feel with her own heart,
or think with the mind in her head,
but controlled by her Father?
Kami Haha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart, or Father? by Kami Haha )
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe