Hear us from heaven (A Prayer for Cagayan de Oro City)
Most loving and precious Father
God of infinite worth and limitless wisdom
Make us aware Father, incline your ear
to our entreaties and suggestions.
You are above all else, we are low
Worship and giving you praise are the only things we know
Your unsurpassed greatness is the song of our land
Now we are beseeching Father, please extend your hands.
The City of Cagayan de Oro is friendly and serene
But we are not contented indeed, we are not at ease
Some populace here are outwardly sane
But on the inside they are so uncertain.
Enable us to speak boldly until your work is done
We gladly give you our constancy so let your kingdom come.
Open their spiritual eyes as we pray earnestly,
present the gospel through motion or activity.
Father, help us to cut the cord of diversity
Make us one strong unified Christ's body
Encourage us with your word as we perform our desires passionately.
With Your gratification, empty hearts will be filled,
Thirsty souls will be satisfied,
False doctrines won't prevail
Only your decrees Father, we intensely declare
In Christ Jesus our Lord and Defender.
Jr. Cuyam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hear us from heaven (A Prayer for Cagayan de Oro City) by Jr. Cuyam )
- language is not so much anymore, Mandolyn ...
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon