Who gives warmth in harsh freezing night
And offer coolness beneath severe heat
And watch yet while brothel becomes abode mine
And guide home' when drive' devoid mind ‘ver bridge, drunk of alcohol?
Who forever quench thirst and slake my hunger
And comfort with reverie while I journey through vale
And awaken from slumber of death
While in my words and silence, many to death put?
Where is strength in this deep distress
And joy in this night of dole
And of where ray, radiance in this black darkness?
Many have I blinded when I had day
Who guides walk through self made darkness into His marveling light
And shield from storm, from thorns and wolfs I surround self with
Who set free from this shackles concealed in jewelry
And deliver from my bottomless courage, pride?
Who heal my wound, and make my scar glorious
And have my ill and make me whole
And make my shriveling soul bloom?
Who shall gladden my heart, ease my vein
Of wound obtained due my souls cling to war?
Who yet loves, after slaying a helpless man
Who yet deliver when my lips utter deceit
And who clasp me from fire I began?
And yet love me in my arrogance?
He seeks in my wickedness
To make an apple of His eyes,
To keep in His bosom and hide in His fortress
All heard my cry,
All saw my sores,
But just could take them not
Only one, who for me, pain and death
God finds the moment you seek
For God listens, the moment you hear
He shall hold, moment you tender to accept his stretched hand
Only Christ does can heal, and take my darkness and to His feet I abide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He by Adeosun Olamide )
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
- Angels on t he Shoulder, Liilia Talts Morrison
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)