Who gives warmth in harsh freezing night
And offer coolness beneath severe heat
And watch yet while brothel becomes abode mine
And guide home' when drive' devoid mind ‘ver bridge, drunk of alcohol?
Who forever quench thirst and slake my hunger
And comfort with reverie while I journey through vale
And awaken from slumber of death
While in my words and silence, many to death put?
Where is strength in this deep distress
And joy in this night of dole
And of where ray, radiance in this black darkness?
Many have I blinded when I had day
Who guides walk through self made darkness into His marveling light
And shield from storm, from thorns and wolfs I surround self with
Who set free from this shackles concealed in jewelry
And deliver from my bottomless courage, pride?
Who heal my wound, and make my scar glorious
And have my ill and make me whole
And make my shriveling soul bloom?
Who shall gladden my heart, ease my vein
Of wound obtained due my souls cling to war?
Who yet loves, after slaying a helpless man
Who yet deliver when my lips utter deceit
And who clasp me from fire I began?
And yet love me in my arrogance?
He seeks in my wickedness
To make an apple of His eyes,
To keep in His bosom and hide in His fortress
All heard my cry,
All saw my sores,
But just could take them not
Only one, who for me, pain and death
God finds the moment you seek
For God listens, the moment you hear
He shall hold, moment you tender to accept his stretched hand
Only Christ does can heal, and take my darkness and to His feet I abide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He by Adeosun Olamide )
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)