My gentle gracious Lady Nymph,
I beseech thee to lay my weary head upon thine warm and loving bosom.
So to spend quiet simple hours among meadow flowers and singing birds.
Far from speeding cars and unkind words.
Lay me at rest for a tender while.
Near crystal streams and willow trees to dream my dreams while time doth freeze.
Prithee lay me far from wall and stile.
Let flashing blue be halcyon led.
The scent of you, swim through my head.
My soul unfurl and limbs entwirl around yon Hazel tree.
May this walled in heart just fall apart.
And pure love flow in molten glow.
Our eyes eternally shine.
My dearest darling Lady Nymph,
I pray that under willow trees this very eve,
our tendril'd souls entwine.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Far be it for me to grate my muse's delicate ear lugs.
Comments about this poem (Hazel by Anthony Di'anno )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong
- Every Breath Of Life, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever in my heart..., Yisel Chong