August, with its clouds of scented blooms,
August, with its great stacks of giant clouds,
August, with corn plants standing like rows of soldiers,
August, with watermelons, full and heavy, dozing in the sun,
August, remember swimming in the lake?
August, remember baby Alice daintily eating berries from the vine?
August, remember Richie playing with the goat?
August, remember Donald practicing on his new saxophone?
August, and its lightening laced sky,
August, and newlyweds Pat and Chet decorating their first home,
August, and Billy the Brave, Billy the Fearless, on his two wheel bike,
August, and shimmering memories hanging like drops of dew,
August, the bountiful, August the full,
August, Mama hot, but smiling, over a platter of succulent roast chicken,
August, Daddy mixing her a frosty mint julep,
August, blessed harvest of memories,
Mary Naylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Harvest by Mary Naylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- TO MY BEST FRIEND, Hriata Sailo
- Inner Sights, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sage destiny., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- War Again!, John Ugolo Umah
- Turn And Whine, John Ugolo Umah
- Black Soil, John Ugolo Umah
- Dance Away...., Diana Euyoque
- What I Want From This Crazy Place, Lucy Dowlingbrown
- In Dreams I Prefer To Be, Rohit Sapra
- Treasure Chest Of Our Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak