Pathrese Lei Mari Abejuela
When your happy
You go further than a mile.
When your sad
You see not even a smile.
Why does happiness
When your happy
Later on you’re sad.
Later on you’re sad
What you feel
Is not for long.
Not for long
Will do change.
Happy then sad.
Happy then sad
Or sad then happy.
Whatever that comes
You might be sad;
You might be happy.
You might be happy
And travel a mile
Or you might be sad
And not even smile.
Pathrese Lei Mari Abejuela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy, Sad by Pathrese Lei Mari Abejuela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- How to Stay Alive in the Woods #2, Holly Wotherspoon