Happy New Year Poem Hunter
May you wake up on January 1st,
finding that the world has not come
to an end, the lights work, the water
faucets flow, and the sky has not fallen?
May you ponder how this ultramodern
civilization of ours managed to get
itself traumatized by a possible
slip of a blip on a chip made out of sand?
May what you see in the mirror delight you
and what others see in you delight them?
May someone love you enough
to forgive your faults, be blind
to your blemishes, and tell the
world about your virtues?
May the telemarketers wait to
make their sales calls until you finish dinner,
and may your check book and your budget
balance and may they include
generous amounts for charity?
May you remember to say
'I love you' at least once a day
to your spouse, your child,
your parents, your friends;
but not to your secretary,
your nurse, your masseuse,
your hairdresser or your tennis instructor?
May we live as God intended, in a world at peace and the awareness of His love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.
A Very Happy New Year to All!
Mary Wismer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year Poem Hunter by Mary Wismer )
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)