Happy New Year
The New Year has come
West to East
Travelled by Sun
In a golden dawn.
It crawled into night
Feathered in light,
Wakeup all dreams
Singing new songs.
We feel a change
But purpose the same,
Explore our essence
In the fleeting time.
But it smells new
Fall on Earth with dew,
Healing like the breeze
In life’s thirsty fields.
Twinkle joy on little lips
Chocolates and Cakes
Words of sweet rhymes
The day for pleasant calls.
The day matchless in a year
We live reasoning little things,
Rekindle radiance of hope
Even for withered leaves.
The New Year is a new home
To know you and me in trust,
Connects our breath in love
A lovely dream as never before.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year by Rajendra padhi )
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)