Happy New Year
The New Year has come
West to East
Travelled by Sun
In a golden dawn.
It crawled into night
Feathered in light,
Wakeup all dreams
Singing new songs.
We feel a change
But purpose the same,
Explore our essence
In the fleeting time.
But it smells new
Fall on Earth with dew,
Healing like the breeze
In life’s thirsty fields.
Twinkle joy on little lips
Chocolates and Cakes
Words of sweet rhymes
The day for pleasant calls.
The day matchless in a year
We live reasoning little things,
Rekindle radiance of hope
Even for withered leaves.
The New Year is a new home
To know you and me in trust,
Connects our breath in love
A lovely dream as never before.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year by Rajendra padhi )
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)