Happy New Year
A New Year’s resolution is something most people make,
Some are to lose weight, to be a better person, or just to stay awake,
It’s always good, watching the ball dropp on TV, not on tape
Drinking wine or in my case sparkling grape!
My New Years resolution is something great,
It’s to get rid of my hate,
I really hope I can do it,
If not, well I can just quit.
I want to get rid of my hate to people, who are dear to me,
I want my hate to grow, for the person who I disagree,
As you know, I hate his guts,
Him and his “control” and lust, just makes more cuts.
As you know, he is a huge jerk,
With his evil smirk,
With one shot, his face would turn to fear,
Of course, what I have to say is what he would have to hear!
Happy New Year to all of you,
I hope my little brother’s father has a resolution too,
Maybe it’s to be a better person, yeah right,
Yeah, he does that; I’ll stop crying myself to sleep at night!
Hope you have a fun New Years Eve today,
When that ball drops we’ll shout HOORAY! !
Yes, I guess it’s true,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!
(Yes, even to Zeb who is fighting in this war, Happy New Year, baby, I miss and I love you! !)
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year by Ocean Myranda )
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
- the second stanza is why you bought my b.., Mandolyn ...
- Te Acordaras De Mi, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)