Happy New Year
A New Year’s resolution is something most people make,
Some are to lose weight, to be a better person, or just to stay awake,
It’s always good, watching the ball dropp on TV, not on tape
Drinking wine or in my case sparkling grape!
My New Years resolution is something great,
It’s to get rid of my hate,
I really hope I can do it,
If not, well I can just quit.
I want to get rid of my hate to people, who are dear to me,
I want my hate to grow, for the person who I disagree,
As you know, I hate his guts,
Him and his “control” and lust, just makes more cuts.
As you know, he is a huge jerk,
With his evil smirk,
With one shot, his face would turn to fear,
Of course, what I have to say is what he would have to hear!
Happy New Year to all of you,
I hope my little brother’s father has a resolution too,
Maybe it’s to be a better person, yeah right,
Yeah, he does that; I’ll stop crying myself to sleep at night!
Hope you have a fun New Years Eve today,
When that ball drops we’ll shout HOORAY! !
Yes, I guess it’s true,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!
(Yes, even to Zeb who is fighting in this war, Happy New Year, baby, I miss and I love you! !)
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year by Ocean Myranda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak