Happy New Year
A New Year’s resolution is something most people make,
Some are to lose weight, to be a better person, or just to stay awake,
It’s always good, watching the ball dropp on TV, not on tape
Drinking wine or in my case sparkling grape!
My New Years resolution is something great,
It’s to get rid of my hate,
I really hope I can do it,
If not, well I can just quit.
I want to get rid of my hate to people, who are dear to me,
I want my hate to grow, for the person who I disagree,
As you know, I hate his guts,
Him and his “control” and lust, just makes more cuts.
As you know, he is a huge jerk,
With his evil smirk,
With one shot, his face would turn to fear,
Of course, what I have to say is what he would have to hear!
Happy New Year to all of you,
I hope my little brother’s father has a resolution too,
Maybe it’s to be a better person, yeah right,
Yeah, he does that; I’ll stop crying myself to sleep at night!
Hope you have a fun New Years Eve today,
When that ball drops we’ll shout HOORAY! !
Yes, I guess it’s true,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!
(Yes, even to Zeb who is fighting in this war, Happy New Year, baby, I miss and I love you! !)
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy New Year by Ocean Myranda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- His Santa Claus, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pa And The Monthly Bills, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cleaning The Furnace, Edgar Albert Guest
- Just A Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- When We Play The Fool, Edgar Albert Guest