Happy in Misery
I am standing
in the middle of the road
surrounded by noise and chaos
but I do not know where to go.
You are sitting
in a perfect place:
on the outstretched arm
of a tree
that envelops you
No one bothers you
but you seem so miserable.
The source of your unhappiness
I seem to not find.
You have it all;
what more do you desire?
I know what you mean
when you say
you are happy in your misery.
I might as well join you.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy in Misery by Unintelligible Susurration )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grumpy morning, oskar hansen
- I Wanna Marry You, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- i'll churn the butter while you fish, Mandolyn Davidson
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman