Happy in Misery
I am standing
in the middle of the road
surrounded by noise and chaos
but I do not know where to go.
You are sitting
in a perfect place:
on the outstretched arm
of a tree
that envelops you
No one bothers you
but you seem so miserable.
The source of your unhappiness
I seem to not find.
You have it all;
what more do you desire?
I know what you mean
when you say
you are happy in your misery.
I might as well join you.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy in Misery by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Love Above, Arno Le Roux
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
- ব্যস্ততার অবসান, Yakub Ali
- Long Drought, maria sudibyo
- Rain Season Isn't Yet, maria sudibyo
- Paper Assignment, maria sudibyo
- 'RAMDAS KESAVADAS', the fraud, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- A Prayer, Holly Moon
- Benevolent Heart, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)