Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
‘Happy Father’s Day,2011’
One needs a father as much as a mum;
One needs in life, the love and care of both;
Both parents, children make family whole;
No one is less important than the next!
On Father’s Day, you greet your loving dad;
You thank him for all things and make him glad;
Without him, life can become truly sad;
Respect your dad for not his money’s wad!
A father makes life worth living for all;
He toils for family’s sake and hears your call;
The bread-winner, protector and your guide –
A dad’s the hero and everyone’s pride!
A fatherless child cannot grow up well;
Without your dad, life can turn almost hell;
A daddy’s love remains unrequited;
So, talk to him and keep him delighted!
Hence, wish your daddy dear on Father’s Day;
Obey and heed to whatev’r, he may say;
Emulate him and follow his advice;
Learn to toil and persevere to turn wise!
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.