Dr John Celes
‘Happy Father’s Day,2011’
One needs a father as much as a mum;
One needs in life, the love and care of both;
Both parents, children make family whole;
No one is less important than the next!
On Father’s Day, you greet your loving dad;
You thank him for all things and make him glad;
Without him, life can become truly sad;
Respect your dad for not his money’s wad!
A father makes life worth living for all;
He toils for family’s sake and hears your call;
The bread-winner, protector and your guide –
A dad’s the hero and everyone’s pride!
A fatherless child cannot grow up well;
Without your dad, life can turn almost hell;
A daddy’s love remains unrequited;
So, talk to him and keep him delighted!
Hence, wish your daddy dear on Father’s Day;
Obey and heed to whatev’r, he may say;
Emulate him and follow his advice;
Learn to toil and persevere to turn wise!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Father’s Day,2011’ by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..