Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia!
The strong-girl of our home!
She did the hardest chores;
And helped mother at work,
And locked the house’s doors.
She was a simple dame;
But received all the blame;
She yearned for love and name;
Life played a cruel game!
She loved to talk her heart,
And learned on own some art;
Unlucky on her part,
She remains right from start.
She is an Aquarian;
She leads a spinster’s life,
Alone, amidst much strife.
May God bless my sister,
On her birthday today!
And grant her will-power
To walk in Heaven’s way.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-11-2006
Dedicated to my dear elder sister,
Miss. Noeline Mary Clemencia, CBE.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas