Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia!
The strong-girl of our home!
She did the hardest chores;
And helped mother at work,
And locked the house’s doors.
She was a simple dame;
But received all the blame;
She yearned for love and name;
Life played a cruel game!
She loved to talk her heart,
And learned on own some art;
Unlucky on her part,
She remains right from start.
She is an Aquarian;
She leads a spinster’s life,
Alone, amidst much strife.
May God bless my sister,
On her birthday today!
And grant her will-power
To walk in Heaven’s way.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-11-2006
Dedicated to my dear elder sister,
Miss. Noeline Mary Clemencia, CBE.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemencia! by Dr John Celes )
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)