Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
Our Father of the Indian soil,
You got us freedom with your toil;
All life, you burnt the midnight-oil;
Your Freedom Struggle, none could foil!
What simple life, you led on earth!
Your humbleness was seen from birth;
Such greatness stands always a dearth;
To you, all Indians owe our mirth!
O Mahatma, you’re live today,
In hearts of earthlings to this day;
You showed an exemplary way;
Your sacrifice, none can repay!
Although you were a simple boy,
You won us freedom we enjoy;
You persevered with your own ploy,
And made the British gun, a toy!
Your love for us, we won’t forget;
Great men like you, may we beget;
Free nation from all foreign debt;
To you, we owe our lives, we bet!
May heaven give you lasting peace;
May global Indians live with ease;
May earthlings live without disease;
May wars on earth totally cease!
We love you Father Gandhiji!
We’ll live upto your dreams surely;
We miss you very much truly;
We promise to do our duty!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 2-10-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’ by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey