Dr John Celes
"Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian Poet! May You Live Longer! "
We heard today 'tis your happy birthday!
Eighty-one years had slipped away smoothly;
Thank God, you are just what you are today;
Our life must go on as per destiny!
Despite all strife, life has been kinder still;
What you had done, not many can ev'r do;
The good thing is you are not very ill!
God's wisdom and blessings reach but a few.
Each one's life-span is set by God Himself;
He gives us freedom to reduce/ prolong;
Man's work is judged not by his accrued pelf;
Ev'n now, your life just stays a blissful song!
Yet, none prevent the changes around us;
The strongest man has weaknesses galore;
God's work that's prime, if you do without fuss,
Can open yet, another wider door!
Age does not matter but your mind and heart;
Health will be good if your soul stays quite pure;
And if you'd been righteous right from the start,
To ripe old age, God helps you well endure!
"Happy Birthday, Dear Uncle Poet R.R.!
May You Live Longer! "
Copyright by Dr John Celes 13-07-'12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian Poet! May You Live Longer! " by Dr John Celes )
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam