Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
Well, fifty years have flown off rather fast,
Since you became a doctor of repute!
So evergreen are memories of past,
When birthdays come and add a year acute.
The toil and struggles had made life worthwhile!
Whoever thought that you would do so well?
Reminiscences bring to face a smile;
The joys though lesser outdid woes, we tell.
But who had made the mighty difference, say?
And who had given success despite strife?
Without a doubt, it was God, all the way!
Let’s thank the Almighty in earthly life!
The thread of life gets snapped by God’s decree;
God does not bother about our degree!
Doctor ‘Happy Birthday!
May God bless you today!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 1-18-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor by Dr John Celes )
- Backbone Of A Nation, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Vertigo, Nassy Fesharaki
- Worthy Expressions, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Flight Of Fairies, Nicholas Nikolov
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)