Dr John Celes
‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
Your birthday makes you one year older, child!
Be happy that you know the world that’s wild;
Let knowledge make you wiser by the day;
Let truth and perseverance guide your way!
A lot of things good can be done on earth;
There is no time to fret or fume since birth;
Just do your duty and God does the rest;
Live with the hope that you can do your best!
Mere human toil can’t bring success in life;
Great patience works as balm amidst our strife;
The morrow will take care of itself dear;
Live for this day and spend life without fear!
‘Wish you a Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’ by Dr John Celes )
Poem of the Day
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- coast transfers, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- rwetewrt erwtwer
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)