Happiness Is...That Friend
Happiness is...that friend
leading through storms
to safe shore of peace.
Like happy dutiful leaf
smiling even in its fall
to heart's silent cries mind is deaf.
Mind is free of modifications
soul feels free of mind's burdens
it is not to wonder and say 'Wow'
Living in now is managing 'Now'
to hold present is to letting past go
foetus of unborn future is in womb of 'Now'
you are mother
of your 'Tomorrow'
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness Is...That Friend by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson