Patrick Njama Maina
Happiness is that feeling of utter bliss,
The dizzying pleasure of a stolen kiss,
The cheeky wink of a naughty tease,
That will never leave You ill at ease.
Happiness is a roaring wind,
Pulsing and soaring with force and greed,
Devouring and tearing it all to feed,
An insatiable appetite to grow and breed.
Happiness is like that beautiful dream,
On a cloud floating to a glorious realm,
Massaged by the wind and caressed by steam,
Enchanting like the glow of a moonlight beam.
Happiness is that bubbly and wonderful feeling,
Of passion that leaves us wobbly and reeling,
The inexplicable joy that brings cures and healing,
To a heart so hurt that it's crawling and bleeding.
Happiness is a choice,
To press on despite the falling ice,
And season your life with some warmth and spice,
To value your heart above any price.
© Patolyer 2013.
Patrick Njama Maina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HAPPINESS by Patrick Njama Maina )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis