Ace Of Black Hearts
Hansel and Gretel Syndrome
Why do we ignore the homeless?
Why do we feel we must be indifferent towards him?
We have this need to be indifferent towards everyone.
Our belief that it is just not our problem.
How do you bring such a message to our homes.
A big reality check.
Some must suffer before they will feel such a revelation.
Others have always known the importance of help those less fortunate.
Not as a charity that wins you an award.
Not as pity.
Feeling sorry for someone does nothing to help in their plight.
But because you actually care about another human being.
No matter their culture or race.
The satisfactory of grace.
A enlightenment of actions unknown by most.
We are living like ghosts.
We feel nothing, but a numbness.
We prefer to dull or dilute the pain.
Let the skies be dark and let it not rain.
A compensation so we don't go insane.
A sacrifice in vain.
With familiarities gone.
We are but as Hansel and Gretel, children lost in a big forest knowing not what evils might lurk.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hansel and Gretel Syndrome by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Mike Teavee...", Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong
- Every Breath Of Life, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever in my heart..., Yisel Chong
- C o r t e g e...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Spirit Within, Spiritwind Wood
- Love, Carolyn Blackmon
- The Staff at Flagstaff Hospital, Kathryn Tyler King
- Dry Your Sorrows And Tears, Spiritwind Wood
- My Venus, Sandra Lynn