HANGING ON TO A STRAW..
Life is like a roller coaster, one minute you are happy, and the other sad. Why do people always have to take me for granted thinking am like one switch you press on and off at will, thinking less about how I must feel when they launch their so called heartlessness..I’m sick and tired of it..Im sick of getting on in this game, sick of falling for women who don’t want me, sick of talking for so long and yet have nothing tangible come out of it...am sick of impressing people, doing the best I can yet get nothing other than rejection most times. Why am I sad right now, why do I feel so dejected..What I thought would be just came crumbling..She promised she'd be my friend..Her words brought so much smile to my face but what did I get only few days after she swelled my heart..No i don’t wanna talk to you anymore or have anything to do with you..gurl..What were you thinking before you got me on auto drive..What were you thinking when you let down your guards intentionally for me..Now my heart is in it and you tell me you don’t want me no more..What! ..
OLUMIDE FAMILUSI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HANGING ON TO A STRAW.. by OLUMIDE FAMILUSI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer