kamryn chew (7-10-88 / palm springs)
Hang My Heart from Your Hope Tree
I hang my heart from your hope tree
I close my eyes and pray to see
You reach up there and pluck it down
And grasp it softly in your hand
To hold it close and cherish it
To start the fire and keep it lit
The hope that burns from your hope tree
The hope that you will hope for me
Poet Other Poems
- A feeling of loneliness
- A final word of the love I hold.
- A great saddness upon my soul
- A member of the innocent
- A Midmorning Heartbreak
- A mind wanders when things repeat the wa...
- A Notion of Acceptance.
- A soldier’s return.
- a solitary heart.
- A yellow moon hung low will only tell th...
- And dawn brings more than just the morni...
- And so on burns the romance.
- As time will tell, I wish us well.
- As memories fade
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.