Hamlet Off-Stage: Laertes Cool
Laertes has groupies, proof he has taste,
has cool. Wears skate-board clothes: elephant pants,
the crotch snagging his knees, tent-size tee-shirt.
He wants the play staged at a roller rink:
him, Fortinbras, and me wearing in-lines,
the rest in quads. And instead of a duel,
we throw ourselves a roller-derby brawl.
Why not? Do something with a little class
to offset the end's cartoon slaughter house.
Read poems about / on: house
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hamlet Off-Stage: Laertes Cool by D.C. Berry )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri