Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok
Halls grew darker
Halls grew darker and somehow faded.
Grates of windows drowned in black.
Every knight, every beautiful lady
Knew the tiding: "The Queen's deadly sick."
And the king, very silent and frowned,
Passed the doors, lost of pages and slaves ...
Every word, that by chance cast around,
Proved the truth of the closing grave.
By the doors of the silent abode
I was crying, while pressing the brace ...
At the end of the passage remote
Someone echoed me, hiding his face.
By the doors of the Beautiful Lady
I was sobbing, attired in blue ...
And the stranger of ashen face sadly
Echoed me all my sufferings through.
Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Halls grew darker by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Nicky wasn't particularly picky, Nicola Kelly
- An ignoramus when it came to poetry, Nicola Kelly
- Where's my mini me, Nicola Kelly
- Xmas star, Nicola Kelly
- There was a woman from Hull, Nicola Kelly
- How far the Footsteps of Spring, Luo Zhihai
- Lee-loo the Panda, Nicola Kelly
- I have a cat named Felix, Nicola Kelly
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- I Want And Need You, Michael P. McParland