‘You seemed to love her deeply’
I told my uncle.
It was raining dense
As I held him back,
The evening was not one to go out.
‘Deeply enough no doubt’
His voice echoed in gloom.
‘But she wasn’t your type,
she was flirtatious,
she had many like you’.
‘Still I loved her deep,
loved her mad,
loved her till and after
she broke my heart’.
I saw a glint in his eyes.
‘Forty years and she still hurts,
batters my self respect,
taunts my defeats’.
‘But you got yourself a steady partner,
not flirtatious, never leaving your side’.
‘True but she did the damage,
she left me to seek her in all women’.
Outside the rain stopped
And the sky begot a half moon.
He still loves her, I pondered,
Her fossil he bears
All these forty years,
But had he got her,
Could he carry the cross of love so far?
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Half Moon by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- ♦운전면허증위조✙u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ직거래택배✙위 조민.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민증위조✲민증위조✲신.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민등록증위조✲위 조면.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning