I cannot find a hat to wear.
I need a hat to cover my hair.
It's become unruly, dull and dry.
To see it now makes me cry.
It once was shiny, long and black
Now it's short. The cowlicks are back.
It does what it wants and will not stay
the way I want it on every day.
I must find a hat that I can wear.
I need that hat to cover my hair.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hair by Edwina Reizer )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..