Brian 'Peza' Perrins
The only time I ‘please myself’ is when I’m on my own
I think I’ve reached that time in life I need to be alone
Hope you’re pleased? May I help? Should I move this way?
Would you like? Is this ok? ….Is this all I have to say?
How is it I seem to spend my time just considering others?
You may as well adopt the buggers and act as if your mothers
Is it me, or am I the only one to give consideration?
Am I the only one to move or is this just an aberration?
For crying out loud take a hike, why don’t you go away
I’d like to spend a day or two, to get some peace I pray
Let me tell you I’ve had enough of this “may I help you” lark
I’m going out to get some peace and maybe sit a while in the dark
Well the time as come I’ve had enough, from now on it’s me
I’ll please myself and be inconsiderate, but I doubt if you’ll agree
Brian 'Peza' Perrins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had Enough by Brian 'Peza' Perrins )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)