Brian 'Peza' Perrins
The only time I ‘please myself’ is when I’m on my own
I think I’ve reached that time in life I need to be alone
Hope you’re pleased? May I help? Should I move this way?
Would you like? Is this ok? ….Is this all I have to say?
How is it I seem to spend my time just considering others?
You may as well adopt the buggers and act as if your mothers
Is it me, or am I the only one to give consideration?
Am I the only one to move or is this just an aberration?
For crying out loud take a hike, why don’t you go away
I’d like to spend a day or two, to get some peace I pray
Let me tell you I’ve had enough of this “may I help you” lark
I’m going out to get some peace and maybe sit a while in the dark
Well the time as come I’ve had enough, from now on it’s me
I’ll please myself and be inconsiderate, but I doubt if you’ll agree
Brian 'Peza' Perrins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had Enough by Brian 'Peza' Perrins )
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
- Fibonacci: Cosmic Spiral, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Reflection On Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Planet Hollywood Birthdays, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Don't, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Surmounting Problems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1644 - 1694)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley