Brian 'Peza' Perrins
The only time I ‘please myself’ is when I’m on my own
I think I’ve reached that time in life I need to be alone
Hope you’re pleased? May I help? Should I move this way?
Would you like? Is this ok? ….Is this all I have to say?
How is it I seem to spend my time just considering others?
You may as well adopt the buggers and act as if your mothers
Is it me, or am I the only one to give consideration?
Am I the only one to move or is this just an aberration?
For crying out loud take a hike, why don’t you go away
I’d like to spend a day or two, to get some peace I pray
Let me tell you I’ve had enough of this “may I help you” lark
I’m going out to get some peace and maybe sit a while in the dark
Well the time as come I’ve had enough, from now on it’s me
I’ll please myself and be inconsiderate, but I doubt if you’ll agree
Brian 'Peza' Perrins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had Enough by Brian 'Peza' Perrins )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim