Brian 'Peza' Perrins
The only time I ‘please myself’ is when I’m on my own
I think I’ve reached that time in life I need to be alone
Hope you’re pleased? May I help? Should I move this way?
Would you like? Is this ok? ….Is this all I have to say?
How is it I seem to spend my time just considering others?
You may as well adopt the buggers and act as if your mothers
Is it me, or am I the only one to give consideration?
Am I the only one to move or is this just an aberration?
For crying out loud take a hike, why don’t you go away
I’d like to spend a day or two, to get some peace I pray
Let me tell you I’ve had enough of this “may I help you” lark
I’m going out to get some peace and maybe sit a while in the dark
Well the time as come I’ve had enough, from now on it’s me
I’ll please myself and be inconsiderate, but I doubt if you’ll agree
Brian 'Peza' Perrins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had Enough by Brian 'Peza' Perrins )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth