Brian 'Peza' Perrins
The only time I ‘please myself’ is when I’m on my own
I think I’ve reached that time in life I need to be alone
Hope you’re pleased? May I help? Should I move this way?
Would you like? Is this ok? ….Is this all I have to say?
How is it I seem to spend my time just considering others?
You may as well adopt the buggers and act as if your mothers
Is it me, or am I the only one to give consideration?
Am I the only one to move or is this just an aberration?
For crying out loud take a hike, why don’t you go away
I’d like to spend a day or two, to get some peace I pray
Let me tell you I’ve had enough of this “may I help you” lark
I’m going out to get some peace and maybe sit a while in the dark
Well the time as come I’ve had enough, from now on it’s me
I’ll please myself and be inconsiderate, but I doubt if you’ll agree
Brian 'Peza' Perrins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Had Enough by Brian 'Peza' Perrins )
- Birthday Years, Greta Bellamacina
- When Hope Becomes A Prayer, Savita Tyagi
- So the Ancients say...., Savita Tyagi
- Thank and wish, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbye The Day, Pijush Biswas
- ~Oneness ~, Aftab Alam
- Random Thought lX, Savita Tyagi
- The Little Robin Flew, Rohan Nath
- Such contacts, hasmukh amathalal
- You hold my soul, Amit Radha Krishna Nigam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(15 April 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Indira Renganathan
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 September 1783 – 13 April 1824)