Gunners Be Gone
Gun laws - Chicago's got a load,
And we're always whining for more.
But for years, statistics have showed
Law enforcement is very poor.
In fact Chicago is dead last
In putting and keeping away
The bad and mad that do gun blast,
Killing someone most ev'ry day.
The system needs to really deal
With gun crime as it really is.
The gangs and thugs and kooks are real.
The system needs to mind its biz.
Chicago doesn't need more laws.
We need to fix enforcement flaws.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gunners Be Gone by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Amtrak from Boston to New York City, Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)