Gun Check Point
The universal background check,
A sensible gun thing to do.
You want a gun - well what the heck!
We need to know just who are you?
If you are a criminal, or
If you might be mentally ill,
Say one or both and say no more.
You flunk the check, cuz you could kill.
So legally - sorry, no gun.
Illegal gun you'll have to find
So many ways such can be done.
That's up to you - hope you don't mind.
We'll know lots more of your background
After you've been shooting around.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gun Check Point by Ima Ryma )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou