Gun Check Point
The universal background check,
A sensible gun thing to do.
You want a gun - well what the heck!
We need to know just who are you?
If you are a criminal, or
If you might be mentally ill,
Say one or both and say no more.
You flunk the check, cuz you could kill.
So legally - sorry, no gun.
Illegal gun you'll have to find
So many ways such can be done.
That's up to you - hope you don't mind.
We'll know lots more of your background
After you've been shooting around.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gun Check Point by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.
- Another Christmas, Michael P. McParland