Gun Check Point
The universal background check,
A sensible gun thing to do.
You want a gun - well what the heck!
We need to know just who are you?
If you are a criminal, or
If you might be mentally ill,
Say one or both and say no more.
You flunk the check, cuz you could kill.
So legally - sorry, no gun.
Illegal gun you'll have to find
So many ways such can be done.
That's up to you - hope you don't mind.
We'll know lots more of your background
After you've been shooting around.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gun Check Point by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)