Diana van den Berg
Guardian Angel Horse
“Flicka looks after all the horses.”
That’s what Karin said
to Caspin’s heartbroken mother
who told me
on the first anniversary
of the day you welcomed
her beloved horse at the gates of Heaven.
Amazing how Karin knew,
and wonderful that you,
my darling horse,
could bring comfort
to a horse and a woman
who never met you here on Earth
and how I love that about you.
And wonderful how Karin knew.
(27 December 2004)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardian Angel Horse by Diana van den Berg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa
- Smashed Potatoes, Richard Thripp
- From Our Father, louis rams