Groan To Glory
ln a world where challenges and chaos sweeps my day to night,
there will l groan to glory in grace and ache.
In a time where struggles and grudges of life mourns my sorrow to death,
there will l groan to glory in shame and suffering.
In a season where pains and strains of fears cause me to rain down tears,
there will l groan to glory in my tears of agony and shame.
In a period where loneliness and dilemma expands my heart with sorrow,
there will l groan in glory to drink the wine of suffering and eat the meal of shame.
In a moment where shame becomes my meal and sufferings my meat,
there will l groan to glory in my tough moments and hardship.
At the foot of sorrow, there will l groan to glory in my shame and suffering.
At the root of shame, there will l groan to glory in my pains and tears.
At the heel of tears, there will l groan to glory in my loneliness and aloneness.
At the hill of pains, there will l groan to glory in my struggles and grudges.
In the day when life becomes too hot to face,
and my grief seems so tough to bear;
there will l groan to glory in pains and tears,
until my groans becomes my glory and l groan to glory.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Groan To Glory by Valentine Mbagu )
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
- Frozen sentiments, hasmukh amathalal
- I sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku ' Dray ', miken newman
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)