I look at you and you know what I see?
I see green. Green are your eyes, that have look somewhere else,
But I love just the same. Green eyes that deceived me,
Green was the color of betrayal.
Green is the color of the pain in your eyes.
Green is the color of a liar,
Green was the grass in the day that you told me
How much you would love me
Forever and always
Green was the room
Where I found you with her,
Green was the color of pain,
Green was betrayal
Green is a mystery,
Green can be joyful,
Green can be painful,
Green can be pretty,
Green can mean love,
Green can mean hate,
I see green when I see you,
Green is your color,
Green it will be,
Green are your eyes, that have hurt me so deeply but I love just the same.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green by Ale Duncan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bring Them Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Argument, Leslie Philibert
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -102, Ronjoy Brahma